This is the fifth exercise in our new series detailing how to integrate NeeBooFit Resistance Bands into your yoga practice. Check back each week for a new exercise in the series!
Adding NeeBooFit resistance bands to your yoga practice can sculpt your arms and add a new dimension of strength training for your whole body. Practice this series of poses first without the bands, then go back through the list and add them in. You will need your NeeBooFit Resistance Therapy Flat Bands and a X-Heavy or XX-Heavy Resistance Loop Band. Remember to try a few repetitions with a lighter band first, then determine if you need a heavier band. Choose a resistance that allows for 8-12 reps per side and fatigues the targeted muscles by the end of the set.
Warrior 1 Tricep Extension
This exercise works the triceps, opens the chest, and stretches the hip flexors.
- Using a flat resistance band in light or medium resistance level, place band securely under back foot.
- Hold the band in the opposite arm of anchoring foot while reaching the other arm forward.
- Keep your wrist straight on the working arm and the elbow pointing straight ahead.
- Keep the tailbone pointed down, not tilted back.
- Slowly raise and lower your arm, bending at the elbow.