This is the fourth exercise in our new series detailing how to integrate NeeBooFit Resistance Bands into your yoga practice. Check back each week for a new exercise in the series!
Adding NeeBooFit resistance bands to your yoga practice can sculpt your arms and add a new dimension of strength training for your whole body. Practice this series of poses first without the bands, then go back through the list and add them in. You will need your NeeBooFit Resistance Therapy Flat Bands and a X-Heavy or XX-Heavy Resistance Loop Band. Remember to try a few repetitions with a lighter band first, then determine if you need a heavier band. Choose a resistance that allows for 8-12 reps per side and fatigues the targeted muscles by the end of the set.
Wide Angle Pose with One Arm Reverse Fly
This exercise works your upper back, core, and rear deltoids.
- Use a flat therapy resistance band in medium resistance level.
- Lean back slightly with abs drawn in and spine long.
- Bend knees and place feet on floor balancing on your sit bones.
- Hold band with arms straight out in front of chest.
- Exhale as you straighten both arms out to sides squeezing shoulder blades together.
- Keep shoulders down away from ears. Contract your abs while pulling back.